Pingomatic!

Announcing… Ping-o-matic!

Now, my Blog Service Pinger has its own domain name. Together with Matt Mullenweg, I’ll be adding new features to the pinger over time. Major enhancements in the current version:

• Your blog name and uri are stored in cookies, and automagically filled in for you when you return.
  • The pinger output dynamically appears in your browser as each ping completes. You no longer have to wait for all of the pings to complete before your browser loads the page.
  • Fixed the RubHub ping so that it actually works now.
  • Improved some of the error output.

We have lots of other plans for development. Soon, we will have our own ping API, and ping-o-matic will be the only site you ever need to ping.

This entry was posted in Blogs, Tech and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Pingomatic!

1. Pingback: Ping-o-Matic!

2. Geof says:

…ping-o-matic will be the only site you ever need to ping.

Ambitious. Have you thought about developing it as modular code and letting people build a decentralized network? I’d think that a centralized ping-o-matic could suffer downtime, but decentralized ping-o-matic might not have downtime issues.

3. Matt says:

IN SOVIET RUSSIA, UPDATE SERVICES PING YOU!

4. Pingback: Photo Matt

5. markku says:

Hey, this is a nice service! Will the next WP release be able to do this too?

6. Geof says:

😆 @ Matt’s comment

I have a good friend who emigrated from fUSSR back in the late ’80s [his family’s Jewish]. Daniil is always coming up with comments like that. I hate to imagine what his code at Lehman Bros. looks like. 🙂

It’s possible that we might make Ping-O-Matic the default ping service for WordPress in the future. Probably after we implement ping queuing and the XML-RPC interface.

8. Pingback: mono

9. As a daily user of the previous Blog Service Pinger, I look forward to using the Ping-O-Matic for all of my blogs. Many bloggers are unaware of pinging their blogs. With a one stop ping shop, it makes it easier to spread the word. I recommended the new Ping-O-Matic on my blog.

10. johne says:

Does google’s blogger automatically use pingomatic whenever I update my google blog?

Also, what happens ifyou put a non Blog into the pingomatic.