Weather

As I write this, there is severe weather about to head through my area, including the possibilities of tornadoes. I’ve seen some pretty spectacular lightning strikes in the distance, so I’d better shut my computer down before something bad hap&@~v7#;+rk*

This entry was posted in Whatever. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Weather

1. Pingback: geek ramblings » Work, work, work

2. Matt says:

CARRIER SIGNAL LOST

3. Bryan Price says:

I’ve just discovered my USRobotics V.Everything external modem went serial port up last week. That’s after I replaced my first one about a year ago from a lightning strike that also took out my cable modem at the same time.

Live here in Florida, where every acre is guaranteed to be hit twice by lightning – every year!

It’s not uncommon to hear and see sparks flying during a bad storm here either. Why more things don’t get blown up around here is just amazing.

4. Heh. I’ve got a pre-V.Everything U.S. Robotics external modem down in our basement. I got it right around the time of the 56k standards wars, so it’s been upgraded to “x2”, and then to the official “V.90”. (I used to manage the systems of an ISP that was an early adopter of x2 technology)

5. Geof says:

Dougal: We got that soup, too. Thankfully, the trees that fell up on Monte Sano were up on the Boulevard, not down where I live.

6. Bryan Price says:

Yeah, I remember upgrading to x2, then to V.90 on the old one as well. Get this. The serial number of the old one was so old that it wasn’t in their database. It was all numbers. They were like, but it’s got to have some letters in it!, and I’m telling them that this was a (then) 9 year old modem. They just about fell over. I bought it through the BBS sysop plan. I was actually able to find the old emails when I bought the thing.

7. April says:

I would like to say that I own Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em robots. I’ve wiped the floor with my husband.

8. vincent says:

notice, he has not been back since… ooooh no!