Dougal 4.0

Today I turn the big Four-Oh. I’m not sure how I should feel about that. Since I’m a web development geek, how about we consider some possible responses in terms of HTTP 1.1 Status Codes:

I suppose the expected response would be 406 Not Acceptable. How could I possibly be forty? Where did the years go? Many people’s reaction is 416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable, also known as a “mid-life crisis”. As Adam from Mythbusters would say, “I reject your reality, and substitute my own!”

I don’t really feel any different, though. I feel 304 Not Modified. Today is just a day like any other. But with more cake. Overall, I’m 200 OK. I’ve just 202 Accepted it. After all, it’s better than the alternative to getting older — 410 Gone!

This entry was posted in Fun, Humor, Personal, Semantics, Standards and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Dougal 4.0

1. shorty114 says:

Haha. That was good.

2. I have met you. I intellectually know that you’re old, but I would never believe it otherwise, buddy.

Happy birthday. :D

3. Robrrt says:

When I hit the four-oh, my response was 206 Partial Content, so… I went out and partied for making it this far :)

4. Katherine says:

Happy belated birthday so!

5. Sirthinks says:

Been there, done that…. But I decided that it was a 404 page not found error (I refuse to go there). All you have to do is forget how old you are, and be how old you feel…. At 43 I am realizing that this isn’t always the best solution, but it works most of the time.

6. Jonathan says:

Dang. And I was feeling bad about turning 27 this year! :-)

7. Cliff says:

Holy crap am I a big geek. This made me literally LOL. My wife asked me what was so funny and there’s just no way I can explain it to here that she’s going to appreciate the joke.

8. Daphne says:

A mid life crisis stage indeed,, we really don’t realise how fast the years move until when it clocks to our birthday’ss mmh! Happy belated birthday though.