Reinvigorated

Reinvigorate Stats

Reinvigorate’s Hourly Stats

About a year-and-a-half ago, I wrote about how the Reinvigorate web stats service was entering a private beta, and I hoped to get a chance to try it out. I applied to the private beta program and waited. And waited. And waited some more. Then I sent them an email, and they said they were still working on it. And so I waited… Then I finally gave up, and tried some other tools like Google Analytics (which I don’t look at much) and MeasureMap (which I like a lot).

Well, all my waiting finally paid off. I received an email last week inviting me to the Reinvigorate Private Beta. I immediately signed in and activated tracking for this site. The new stats are a little different from what they used to provide, but they definitely give you some nice breakdowns of the information.

I’m particularly interested in the information on click-paths. I’m finding that only a few visitors dig down into the site. I want to add more prominent internal linkage to encourage people to explore, and I’ll be able to use this information to help gauge whether or not changes I make are effective. A couple of changes I’ve made recently are the addition of links to the next/previous post on the single article pages, and the addition of the page navigation buttons at the top of each page. Additionally, I’ve created an Archives page using the archive template in Sandbox.

I think that they’ll be opening up for more beta testers soon, so if you’re interested, you might want to head over and register: reinvigorate.net

This entry was posted in Blogs, Services, Software, WordPress and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Reinvigorated

1. Lloyd Budd says:

Wow, that is a long time to wait. That is over 10 web years! ;-)

I am interested to give it a try.

You reminded me of MeasureMap. It was really nice until it was bought by Google and now seems to be abandon-web.

2. Jonathan says:

Looks like it will be a good service, I signed up and I’ll be waiting for an invite hopefully soon

3. Moe says:

Dougal, thanks to you, I signed up last year when you posted about it & I received my invite last week as well!

I absolutely love the look of it, but statcounter is still providing me everything I need. I just need a “Referred-to” which shows a tally how many links out I’m sending to certain sites. Performancing had this, but they went under…

4. Pingback: Reinvigorated » News & Share Free Template

5. May be not the best place to ask this. I’ve been kindly elected to try the Reinvigorate beta and as it seems I’m such an idiot, I’ve lost my password. Is there ANY way to retrieve it from their website? I couldn’t find that kind of link. Do you?

6. Chewxy says:

I believe Google Analytics also provide info on click paths (Visit depth), and so does statcounter. What’s more, Statcounter provides live information. Reinvigorate however does interesting things like trendlines and stuff. Cool. Definitely useful for the inner economist in me.

Speaking on click paths, I realise that it’s hard to get people to visit deeper, unless the subject matter is really interesting… :(

Chewxy: yes, Google Analytics does have click paths (and some other good metrics). I just don’t like their interface very much.

MeasureMap doesn’t give really detailed stats, but it does provide most of what the average blogger would like: total page hits, per-post statistics, and comment counts. But you have to manually edit your templates to get all that. They’ve also got a nice-looking, clean, simple interface.

Reinvigorate is a nice middle-ground. The pages are visually pleasing (though the navigation could use some tweaking), and you get detailed visitor and page stats. You don’t get comment counts, but you can get that right from your blog, anyhow.

8. Aen Tan says:

I used to use Reinvigorate years ago and then it sort of died and I had no idea what happened to it.
    I was still in army last year so I sort of missed the chance to sign up for beta.
    Can someone give me an email or something so I can request for an account or something? I really loved it back then. I remembered it had a shoutbox on the right and you could view real-time stats of visitors on the site.

9. Renato says:

I worked also years ago with reinvigorate. It was very good. Now i’m allready two months in the private beta. It’s really cool and free!
    @Aen Tan: Here you can find the registration: http://www.reinvigorate.net/

10. wayne says:

I really need an invite also.

11. from my perspective google analytics ist nearly perfect…
    managing adwords campains, lead tracking, …

… kind regards from germany

12. Anonymous says:

am i the only thinking mint clone?

13. Lucy says:

I’m having a great time with reinvigorate.net– but I haven’t figured out how to give my visitors “context names”– if you could help out with that, I would be greatly appreciative.

Also, how can you track how long visitors have remained on specific pages and on the site in general. I have been using a mix of Reinvigorate.net, StatCounter, and Google Analytics—which for some reason all give me conflicting data… so I sometimes don’t know which to trust.

Any pointers?

14. Konin says:

Google Analytics also provide info on click paths (Visit depth). What’s more ?

15. Christoph Kexel says:

I myself also second those people fans of Google analytics. Love the app. All the information they gather is incredible and helps webmasters optimize their site to the finest.

Regards