WordPress 2.2.2 Released

There is a new security & bugfix release: WordPress 2.2.2. There are no new features in this version. Since it is a security release, all users should upgrade as soon as possible. Read the original announcement for full details. Download now!

Also, as mentioned in the original announcement, there is a new version in the 2.0 legacy branch: WordPress 2.0.11. This branch is maintained for the Debian package, and is also the only supported release which works with MySQL versions prior to 4.0.

This entry was posted in Security, Software, WordPress and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to WordPress 2.2.2 Released

1. Pingback: GaMerZ.WordPress

2. Pingback: WP 2.2.2 Released Damn You! « Collin’s Geek Rants

3. aukcje says:

for big customized sites, patching work is awful. How dou you manage with updates?

4. Peter Smythe says:

Does this upgrade fix the Greek problem? When we last upgraded, WordPress obliterated all of our Greek.

aukcje: I manage by keeping all of my customizations in my theme or in plugins. Don’t modify the core files. There shouldn’t be anything that you can’t accomplish via custom plugins and themes. Once you stop editing core files, all your upgrades should be pretty pain-free.

Peter: not sure what you mean. I assume that you’re talking about using a Greek language file (.po)? Don’t know why an upgrade would cause problems with that…

6. DG says:

I’m agreed with Dougal, never do customization in core WordPress file. And also,update with WordPress 2.2.2 (recomended).

DG…

7. Jake says:

Hi,

I just updated to WP 2.2.2 and the tarpit plugin seems to be causing the visual editor to disappear. Have you heard of this issue before? I’ve looked on the WP forums and it seems to be a pretty popular topic ,not with tarpit specifically but with certain plugins in general causing problems with the visual editor. Thanks for any advice.

Jake

8. Pingback: La domo de karotoj » WordPress 2.2.2-a

Jake, I’m not seeing any problem with Tarpit and the visual editor. I just reviewed the code, and other than the use of the deprecated (but still supported) get_settings() function rather than the newer get_option(), I’m not seeing anything that should cause problems, as long as you don’t have a pattern in your moderation keys that matches your own IP number.

10. Pingback: Separatista » Wordpress 2.2.2 opravuje další bezpečnostní chyby

11. Rainer says:

I am so thankful for your great work on wordpress, but please slow down the frequency of patches. It’s so much work every time.

12. Libri says:

I completely agree with Rainer, if someone manage a lot of sites, it’s a lot of work: anyway, it’s a free tool, so thanks to all the people that are working on it!

13. alias says:

I find there are times when you have to edit core files,

- some plugins have a file to put in the admin dir
    - to play with redirects and/or hiding some dashboard items you have to edit an admin file
    - one particular item is the from address when sending users passwords, i do not want it saying wordpress@mydomain i think this should be fixed, it should say from your designated email address

I do agree though, if possible never edit core files but until WP keeps their crap out of those files i’ll keep gutting them :))

another pet peeve is plugin makers putting their advertising crap in the plugin files, i gut those out too like a fish

keep WP files clean as in clean yummy spam

14. Don Ed says:

I guess i should really upgrade asap… :-/ Hate it tbh as im always panicking to loose data.