WordPress iPhone App beta testing

Do you use WordPress? Do you have an iPhone? Or do you just like beta testing cool apps? You could help beta-test the upcoming WordPress for iPhone 1.2 release.

The catch is, you can’t test unreleased apps on an actual iPhone. Instead, you have to download the (free) SDK, and run the code in the iPhone simulator. A lot of work to go through, to be sure, but if you’ve got time on your hands, and like playing with the latest toys, there ya go.

This entry was posted in WordPress and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to WordPress iPhone App beta testing

1. Pingback: WordPress iPhone App beta testing » iPhone Tricks

2. creativeherb says:

thanks I’m going to check it out. I got iPhone wordpress the day it came out, but it didn’t quite feel comfortable for me. Maybe because typing in something on the iphone just takes way too long, and I like to open up 10-20 firefox tabs when I write too. Iphone twitter makes perfect sense though.

3. I’ve really been looking forward to applications for the iphone. A lot of us have been talking about the how the future phone applications are going to be of high value. I look forward to getting a closer look!

4. Otte says:

Thath’s another thing to love WordPress :)

5. Webrevolve says:

Gotta love WordPress. I’m really looking forward to applications for the iphone :)

6. John Male says:

It’s cool to see so many different apps for the iphone, but I don’t think that this one will become popular. Maybe it’s just me, but I can’t imagine myself focusing exclusively on my iphone just to write a blog post. I think better when I’m doing many things at once. That can’t happen when blogging through the iphone. Then again, that’s just me. :)

7. Billigflüge says:

Great, great, great! Right, it’s indeed a little time-consuming, but it’s worth every single second!

8. Wholesale Electronics says:

I love the iPhone 3G SDK.. it makes it easy to develop apps for the iphone. I’m still working on my programming skills though which are subpar to the expertly coded SDK.

-Jason

9. Jeremy says:

Looking forward to the final release, it seems like too much of a pain in the butt to go ahead and use the demo, but I look forward to an increased ease of use when posting from my iPhone

10. Thats great!

Being an avid iphone user and blogger, this incorporation comes as quite the benefit to me.

Cheers
    Eric from Everything Electronic

11. Kevin Rood says:

Yes, in fact you can test unreleased apps on the iPhone if they are provisioned for “ad hoc” distribution.

12. net reklam says:

13. WordPress on the iPhone is really disappointing. Who’s going to type articles on an iPhone anyway?