FancyBox Gallery 0.1

WordPress
I decided to go ahead a release my FancyBox Gallery plugin as-is. Version 0.1 0.2 is very bare-bones: there are no options that you can set. Once you activate the plugin, thumbnails generated by the standard WordPress gallery shortcode will be handled by FancyBox. This works best if you use the link=’file’ option (see the documentation for more details). I’ll eventually add user-settable options for more control.

If you’re interested in trying it out now, download it from the WordPress Plugins Directory: FancyBox Gallery

Update: Updated the plugin to version 0.2. The new version adds styles which should keep the image captions from breaking under certain themes.

This entry was posted in WordPress and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to FancyBox Gallery 0.1

1. Pingback: WordPress Plugin Releases for 01/26 | Wordpress Blog NL

2. Pingback: WordPress Plugin Releases for 01/26 | Tips Wordpress

3. Jessie Angel says:

I am using the right gallery shortcode [ gallery link="file" ], but still the plugin won’t do anything. Could you help?

• Dougal says:

I took a look at your site the other day, but I wasn’t able to figure out why it’s not working for you. I suspect that there’s interference from some other plugin on your site that’s using jQuery. If I can find the time, I’ll try to do some more research on it and see if I can come up with a work-around.

4. Pingback: Wordpress Plugin - FancyBox Gallery | Double Black Design

5. Pingback: FancyBox | Katree's Palace|????

6. Wayne says:

When you say use the “link=’file’ option” are you referring to the three choices for Link URL (“None”, “File URL”, “Post URL”) on the insert image screen?

If not, a “Fancybox it” preset there would be great. :)

• Dougal says:

Yes, that is what it means. In a future version, There will be options to let you customize the CSS selector, and I will make the instructions more clear.

7. Masent says:

I just try this plugin – very nice – recommendable.

8. Mena says:

Hi Dougal,

I can’t get it work with images ? i have some old posts and when i enable it, click them nothing happened except taking me to the image original size.. i hope you help me :)