WordPress + MailChimp + Analytics = Awesomeness

This video shows a new WordPress plugin, coming soon available now, which will integrate Google Analytics stats for your blog and your MailChimp email campaigns, right inside WordPress. Even if you don’t use MailChimp for sending out email newsletters, you’ll still be able to use the plugin for your Google Analytics stats (though I think you’ll have to register for a free MailChimp API key correction: I’ve just been informed that the plugin will not require a MailChimp account, except, obviously, if you want to tie in your MailChimp email campaign analytics).

Disclaimer: I had nothing to do with writing the plugin, but MailChimp is my employer.

This entry was posted in WordPress and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to WordPress + MailChimp + Analytics = Awesomeness

1. Hey Dougal,

any chance you could get me a copy of that? Might even be the final nudge I need to switch to MailChimp from Aweber :)

2. This is awesomeness! Can’t wait until this is released.

3. Great Plugin. I hope i can use it soon for my own campaigns.

4. Stijn says:

Interesting. I would love to give this new piece of machinery a testdrive. Anywhere I can sign up to be reminded when it becomes available? For now I’ll just subscribe to your feed.

From what I heard before, the plan was to release it this week. If it doesn’t make it this week, it should be Real Soon Now. And I know they plan to put it into the Plugin Repository (so obviously, it’s GPL licensed).

Best way to learn about it as soon as it’s released is probably to follow @MailChimp on Twitter, and/or follow the MailChimp Blog.

6. I’m with Joost on that one, I’d love to move away from Aweber and move over to MailChimp. Could I get a copy of it too?

Any discount codes available for MailChimp too?

• Dougal says:

Like I said, it will be publicly released Real Soon Now. I don’t have a copy of it myself (though I wish I did, just to play with).

MailChimp service is free up to 100 email addresses, 6 newsletters per month. You’re encouraged to give it a try for free before committing to a paid plan. So if you have more than 100 subscribers, you might try targeting some subset of them as a trial.

I’m still pretty new there, and not up-to-speed on all the marketing efforts, so I don’t know off the top of my head about any discount codes.

• Sounds good.

I’ll keep my eyes open for it, I’ll be happy to switch as soon as it’s public and ready. Aweber is more expensive and doesn’t really make me entirely happy.

Thanks Dougal!

7. Pingback: WordPress + MailChimp + Analytics = Awesomeness – Dougal … – Wordpress UK

8. Jacob Share says:

Sounds like a good idea, it would nice to see a version for Aweber users like myself.

9. Jumal says:

Very good product.. good thing i can try mailchimp for free..

10. Ummmm…. awesome! Any idea when this might launch?

• Dougal says:

I got to see a live preview this afternoon, and it’s pretty awesome. There are a few tweaks left to be done, but the plan is to launch it next week. I’ll post again when it’s official.

11. Forrest says:

Are you kidding me? This plugin is the best thing ever invented. Well, besides tacos. Seriously though, if it works as demonstrated, I believe MailChimp will explode. That’s the idea right? Tell the posse at MailChimp A++.

12. Health Private Label says:

This is pretty cool. WordPress always is up top of coming out with the best plugins. I wish Blogger was like that :) LOL

13. Stu says:

Looks excellent, I’m certainly looking forward to giving it a try. I’m also liking the term ‘internetographic’, hopefully it will catch on! :)

14. Sami says:

This plugin would be very handy so I could get all the info inside WP dashboard.

15. Thanks for introducing the web application, Mail Chimp! As I am just starting to blog, I was thinking about what I would do with a newsletter. This will get me going in the right direction.

16. That’s cool, I am just trying to find a plugin of wordpress of Google Analytics. Thank you very much for your promotion.