As suggested by a thread in the WordPress Support forums, I want to share some Thank Yous…
This list is not comprehensive, I’m sure to leave out plenty of people who deserve to be included. So if you aren’t mentioned, please don’t feel slighted — it’s just my lousy memory at fault. That said, I’d just like to list some people (in no particular order) who have contributed to my enjoyment of blogging. It might be via code, documentation, or just some thought-provoking writing.
- Matt Mullenweg, lead WordPress developer and my co-Overlord at Ping-O-Matic.
- Ryan Boren, fellow WP dev who has been cranking out tons of cool improvements over the last few months. Wow.
- Michel Valdrighi, who wrote WP’s ancestor, b2, and who kicks in some cool WP code of his own.
- Alex King, creator of the uber-whizzy-cool Tasks.
- Donncha, yet another WP dev, who posts tons of great photography links.
- Dunstan, whose mad design skillz inspire me and many others.
- Podz, Craig, Carthik, Matthew Thomas, Owen Winkler, Ryan Duff, Cena, Skippy, and tons of others who keep the docs mailing list busy.
- Simon Willison, Sam Ruby, RevJim, Shelley Powers, Les Orchard, Kellan, Mark Ghosh, Scriptygoddess, Zeldman, and a host of others… They don’t necessarily have anything to do with WP (a couple do), but these folks are just a few of the ones that regularly give my brain something to chew on, whether it be technological or philosophical.
Again, there are plenty of others I could, and probably should, be mentioning here. These are just a few that I could bring to the forefront. Thanks, everybody, and Happy Holidays!