This entry was posted in Holidays, Pirates, Plugins, TalkLikeAPirate, WordPress and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!

1. Ben says:

I installed yer Pirate translator on me blog back in March fer an wickedly funny April Fool’s Day Prank, by Blackbeard's sword. Imagine me surprise when I found that it hijacked me blog today, and turned everythin' into Pirate talk. How awesome!

2. dathan says:

ARRRRRRRR Ma’tie!

3. Pingback: Trikinhuelas » Blog Archive » Hoy es el día Habla Como Pirata

4. Don’t ye know that Talk Like A Pirate Day is part o' “avast” conspiracy? ;-)

5. Rico says:

Yaaarrrrr…, avast. tis’ wasteful that me be a day late… arrrrrr….

6. rexsky says:

Yaaaa~~~
    it’great~~`

7. Pingback: Tech Ravings » Blog Archive » You scurvy Bilge Rats! Yarrr!

8. zune says:

I wore a pirate hat t' work, nobody got it.

9. Tim says:

Arrgh me hearty. Let there be a pleasant day fer all ye fine gents and ladies. And hoist the mainsail, we'll keel-haul ye! Awesome wordpress plugin, thanks Dougal. :)

10. Matt says:

Hi,

Not sure if this is related t' th' plugin or what, but this post (and only this post) gets updated in me rss reader at least once a day, and it’s startin' t' get *slightly* annoyin'! Any idea why this might be?

Matt

11. Anonymous says:

You have managed t' take one post, fer a trivial subject that only a niche group o' people might even remotely care about, and turned it into proof beyond a reasonable doubt that ye are one o' th' most obnoxious people on th' planet, and guaranteed that anythin' ye e'er write in th' future should be ignored as th' words o' a lunatic.

Why not grow up and stop pesterin' people with this drivel by makin' a final update t' this post apologizin' t' everyone forced t' read it several times a day via th' planet.wordpress feed?

Why not grow up and stop pesterin’ scallywags with this drivel by makin’ a final update t’ this post apologizin’ t’ everyone forced t’ read it several times a day via th’ planet.wordpress feed, by Davy Jones' locker?

Actually, that’s a symptom o' a feed reader that doesn’t implement th' standards correctly. Ahoy! Ahoy! If yer reader keeps showin' ye th' item o'er and o'er, it’s because it’s ignorin' both th' GUID and “last updated” timestamp, which should be how a reader determines if an item has been updated.

In any case, I had already started workin' on reworkin' th' code t' not filter feeds. But I were bein' already workin' on it because o' th' previous commenter who asked much more politely (thank ye, Matt). I missed a case in me first pass, but I just now got that covered, so RSS readers should all see th' plain text version o' th' post and comments from now on.

You’re welcome anyways. :)

13. Matt says:

It hasn’t updated th' post today, so hopefully it’s sorted! And swab the deck! Thanks fer lookin' at that!

I’m usin' Netnewswire as me reader incidentally if that tells ye anythin' good or bad about it!

14. I too not got clear idea about this, but got very much interested t' install this in me blog. Thanks fer this wonderful post.

15. Peter Pratt says:

Last year I did have a great day talkin' like a pirate with me maties online, and a bucket o' chum. I did use th' AV Voice Changer Software t' change me real voice into many different pirate voices. Shiver me timbers! It’s a great memory. I am gonna do it this year.