Yarrr! It’s Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Once again, we have arrived on Talk Like a Pirate Day. I had been hoping that I would be able to find time to upgrade my Text Filter Suite plugin for WordPress (which includes my Pirate filter for posts and comments), but I’ve just been too busy. Maybe I can get it re-worked for next year. I already know what I want to do with it: Consolidate all of the filter code, maybe re-do things in an OOP style, add the concept of ‘registering’ a filter with the system, and add a back-end user interface to make it easier to use.

Anyways, enjoy all the piratey goodness today!

This entry was posted in Announcements, Community, Fun, Pirates, Plugins, TalkLikeAPirate, WordPress and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Yarrr! It’s Talk Like a Pirate Day!

1. Pingback: Arcane Fun Fridays - There be Pirates! « Arcane Code

2. Kelson says:

I’th’ spirit o’ th’ day, I did misread the “Recent Readers” box if it were “Recent Raiders.”

3. Anonymous says:

@Kelson: You should file that as a bug with Yahoo/MyBlogLog. It *should* say ‘Recent Raiders’ on Talk Like a Pirate Day!

4. Pingback: I mustaschen på Rickard Berggren » Talk like a pirate-day

5. danny says:

In celebration of national Talk Like a Pirate Day, we’re featuring our TeeFury Bird Pirate edition as our shirt of the day.
    Check it out at http://www.teefury.com

6. BryanBeard says:

Yar, saw your sorry link in me wordpress and couldnt resist but clickn to see what yellowbellied mongrol called himself a pirate. ARRRRRR.
    me blog is flying the jolly roger also…. AVAST!
    At least I am in the news, yo ho ho
    no it aint spam… just information AYE!

7. DD32 says:

Thanks for the Plugin :) I used a hacked up version of it the other day (I like to be able to turn these things on and off by the url :)http://dd32.id.au/blog/?pirate – Yes, i know i could’ve turned it ON, but not off :))

8. Samantha Erlichman says:

Haha this is hilarious! arrrrgg

9. Manin says:

Plugin it’s great :) And when I was a child I always want to be a Pirate :)

10. Have you tried changing the Facebook language to Pirate? Very funny

11. Språkkurser says:

Heh, I found a “speak pirate language” plugin for phpbb3 forums.. gonna use it next time! :D