Dougal is a web developer, and a “Developer Emeritus” for the WordPress platform. When he’s not coding PHP, Perl, CSS, JavaScript, or whatnot, he spends time with his wife, three children, a dog, and a cat in their Atlanta area home.

This entry was posted in WordPress and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Quick Tip: Faster WordPress News

1. Mark says:

You appear to have a typo in your code. Shouldn’t the add_filter line read like this (e.g. remove that extra closing parentheses):
    add_filter( 'wp_feed_cache_transient_lifetime', 'dc_reschedule_rss_fetch', 10, 2 );

• Dougal says:

Yes, thank you for pointing it out. I’ve corrected the code.

I cut-and-pasted from a terminal window, and it cut the end of that line off. When I manually “fixed” it, I introduced the extra close-paren by accident.

2. Pingback: Tweets that mention Quick Tip: Faster WordPress News -- Topsy.com

3. Pingback: Tweets that mention Quick Tip: Faster WordPress News -- Topsy.com

4. Pingback: WordPress?????

5. Pingback: Weekend Roundup #84

6. Lashon says:

Hello,
    These lines made a big bug on my blog. Two hours after, the content don’t display for some of my posts. Only the content are not visible anymore.

7. Barbara says:

Sehr guter Artikel. Übrigens ist Dein Blog immer einen Besuch wert. Ich komme gern wieder hier vorbei.

8. Bianchi Holsters says:

Hello,
    These lines made a big bug on my blog

9. Wow every two hours? Once a day would be enough for me 🙂

10. Thanks for the code. I will make use of it right now.

11. Therealnews says:

Thanks for the info. I am switching to wordpress soon and have been searching for information so I can get it properly setup. This will help with keeping things up to date. Thanks.

12. This is such a good discussion. I’m sure lots of readers are enjoying this.