This plugin allows you to automatically add Gravatars for commenters to your theme, if your theme does not already support them.
According to the Gravatar.com website, Gravatars are Globally Recognized Avatars, or an "avatar image that follows you from weblog to weblog appearing beside your name when you comment on gravatar enabled sites." You register with the Gravatar server, and upload an image which you will use as your avatar. The gravatar image is keyed to your email address, so that it is unique to you.
This plugin will display gravatars for the people who comment on your posts. You do not need to modify any of your template files -- just activate the plugin, and it will add gravatars to your comments template automatically.
- Tested compatibility up to WordPress 3.0-a
- When running under WordPress 2.5, use the built-in Gravatar image functions.
- Gravatar images now link to comment author's URL, if provided.
- Gravatar code now prepended to text instead of appended.
- Code reorganized. Functions for filters and hooks are now near the actions that actually call them.
- Added stylesheet for options page and improved layout. Split options into 'General' and 'Advanced'.
- New advanced option for selecting either 'Comment Author Link' or 'Comment Text' API hook.
- Initial release.