FancyBox Gallery integrates the FancyBox jQuery plugin into the WordPress gallery functionality. Simply use the gallery shortcode to display thumbnails in your posts with the option to link directly to the images (not the attachment template), and the plugin handles the rest. You get nice popups for the larger sized images, scaled to fit in the browser window, with a nice overlay effect.
- Automatically scales large images to fit in window
- Adds a nice drop shadow under the zoomed item
- Groups related items and adds navigation through them (uses preloading)
FancyBox jQuery features, not yet implemented in the WordPress plugin:
- Can display images, inline and iframed content
- Customizable through settings and CSS
- Tested up to WordPress 3.0-alpha
- Fixed path to easing plugin.
- Upgraded to fancybox 1.2.1
- Due to new version of fancybox, which requires jQuery version 1.3.2, the plugin now requires WordPress 2.8 (or at least the newer jQuery)
- Now supports next/previous image navigation within gallery images of a post.
- Override table styles for image captions so that it works better with more themes.
- Initial release. No options, yet. Only works if you use the gallery
shortcode like so:
Click an image to enlarge. Use mouse or left/right arrow keys to navigate between images. Click the ‘X’ or press
ESC to exit lightbox mode:
And here’s a second gallery, notice that the navigation for each gallery is separate (you don’t browse from the end of one gallery to the beginning of the next):