WordPress 2.2 Release Candidate 2 Now Available

There have been some more bugfixes applied, and there is now a second RC available. Details are in Ryan Boren’s announcement.

WordPress 2.2 RC2 — You’re soaking in it! (In other words, I’m running it here ;) )

By the way, one other change in this version that I don’t think has been mentioned in the previous announcements: In the “Write Post” screen, the post preview is no longer displayed directly in the page. Instead, you’ll find a “Preview” link near the title area which will pop up the post preview in a separate window. This speeds up page loads and reduces bandwidth consumption during post editing.

See also: the Release Candidate 1 announcement.

This entry was posted in Software, WordPress and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to WordPress 2.2 Release Candidate 2 Now Available

1. Derrich says:

I love the fact that the preview is located at the bottom, but I’m sure I can quickly get used to quicker page loads. :)

2. Pingback: the .: fyr :. place » Blog Archive » what a stress!

3. JaypeeOnline says:

I think having the Preview link is a great idea as the previous method slows down the loading of the page plus if you use a post views counter, everytime the page gets loaded when you’re writing your draft gets counted as a view. Looking forward for the official release of WP 2.2 :)

4. Kirk M says:

I noticed that the preview window was also missing when I upgraded my local WP sandbox to RC2. One thing I can’t tell though is how the new JQuery core is working since my sandbox is located on my computer using XAMPP Apache’ server software. In other words, it’s fast already. I understand it’s supposed to make things faster in general and a much lighter load on the server.

By what I can see by your site’s loading time (noticeably faster than it used to be), I’d venture to say it works. I’m wondering if you’ve noticed any other good things about the change to JQuery?

5. Demi Fantasy says:

I myself don’t pay much attention to the Preview at the bottom of Write Post View, then I think this new idea is better for me!

I’ll try RC2, hope the plugins won’t be messed up?

6. Jenny says:

Yes, I found the preview window so annoying. Another thing which would be neat to get rid of is the dashboard when you log into WordPress. Or atleast give us the option of disabling it.

7. Buzz says: