I’m surprised that I haven’t seen mention of this from other channels yet (official or unofficial), but two days ago, SVN revision 8561 of the WordPress 2.6 branch was labled as WordPress version 2.6.1-beta1. The log messages reveal that most changes since the 2.6 release are minor bug and typo fixes. A few of the more interesting bits that jump out at me are:
- Allow disabling password reset per-user.
- Query functions now allow a comma-separated list of post_status values.
- Several more link generation bits are made SSL-aware.
- Advertise the Atom 1.0 feed in the default theme.
- Atom API uses the newer WP authentication functions.
- Fix for an object caching bug in plugin updates.