WordPress 2.6.1-beta1

I’m surprised that I haven’t seen mention of this from other channels yet (official or unofficial), but two days ago, SVN revision 8561 of the WordPress 2.6 branch was labled as WordPress version 2.6.1-beta1. The log messages reveal that most changes since the 2.6 release are minor bug and typo fixes. A few of the more interesting bits that jump out at me are:

• Allow disabling password reset per-user.
  • Query functions now allow a comma-separated list of post_status values.
  • Several more link generation bits are made SSL-aware.
  • Advertise the Atom 1.0 feed in the default theme.
  • Atom API uses the newer WP authentication functions.
  • Fix for an object caching bug in plugin updates.

This entry was posted in Announcements, Community, WordPress and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to WordPress 2.6.1-beta1

1. Bryson says:

Sounds like they came up with a few things to whet the appetite until 2.7 is released. Thanks for letting us it know the beta is out.

2. Devin Reams says:

Hmmm, nice catch! Good thing I subscribe to a reputable source. ;)

3. Pingback: CalinSoft

4. Tinh says:

Thanks but I do not like to try as am not sure about its stability. Just wait for 2.7

5. Pingback: Wordpress 2.6 beta 1 out

6. Pingback: WordPress 2.6.1-beta1 has been released | MickMel SEO

7. Pingback: Download WordPress 2.6.1 Beta1

8. Pingback: Download WordPress 2.6.1 |

9. Pingback: WordPress 2.6.1 Beta1 disponivel para download! | Wordpress Love - Themes, Plugins e tudo para Wordpress, em Português

10. Pingback: WordPress 2.6.1 Beta 1 släppt |

11. Pingback: Bookmarks for August 8th through August 9th | clutterlovers

12. Pingback: Joe’s Korner | Simplifying Everything » Download WordPress 2.6.1 Beta1

13. Pingback: Anything about blog | WordPress | Download WordPress 2.6.1 Beta1.html

14. Mike says:

I think like “Tinh” – better wait for 2.7 :)

15. Nata says:

I still wait for stability version…

16. Yeah there was not much mention about it. But i think it wont last and it did not last when i used it. 2.7 is the key.

17. Caro says:

I can’t wait for the new version of wordpress :)